Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Love of God

Today I attended the viewing of President Hinckley. It was such an awesome experience. The minute I entered the conference center I felt the spirit. It was quiet and everyone was so reverent. There was an organist playing hymns as we walked through the conference center. President Hinckley was in the Hall of Presidents lying peacefully. He is such a wonderful man. I was consumed by happiness and love along with a twinge of sadness. There were flowers all around and messages on the flowers from family and friends. My favorite were those from his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I over heard Conference center workers saying that between 2000 and 3000 people were there every hour and they expected the number to double later in the day. What would it be like to be loved like that?! How amazing! Even while writing this I get teary-eyed. My testimony has become stronger today of the love that God has for all of us. I clearly felt it today.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I get teary eyed reading this too... I should have taken the time to go, he really is an amazing man and will be very very missed.